|| Bitter Sweet || Top Makeup Picks || Spring 2012 ||
Red lips, pearly shadows, and daring lashes took over the runways this spring. This romantic bittersweet combo is what every girl needs in her makeup bag before walking out the door. HauteObsessions Beauty Editor Tim Liu shared his top picks to get you dolled up this season.
1. YSL Rouge Pur Couture – 1 Le Rouge: This season, it’s all about the red lips! YSL Rouge Pur Couture line is pure color with a seductive scent. So put on your red lips and mark your territory!
2. Clinique Blush – Precious Posy: Peachy blush is definitely a hit this season! It’s no longer the pinks and browns, venture out a bit and try a peachy blush to naturally define your cheek bones! Using a blush brush, follow your natural cheek definition and simply highlight with Precious Posy from Clinique, blending the blush up towards your temples and end at the forehead to create a complete sun kissed glow.
3. Diorshow Mascara – New Look: Lashes are the final and most important step of your daily makeup routine. The new Dior Show mascara, New Look, has a small yet defined brush to catch every single lash and multiplies them to create a fanned out sexy lash look. Remember, Fluttery will get you everywhere!
4. MAC Fluidline – Black Track: The Modern Cat eye is definitely in this season! Apply your eyeliner with an angled liner brush and extend pass your eye to create a cat eye look, you can also set it with a matte black shadow to create a long lasting matte look effect.
5. Hourglass Foundation – Immaculate: Nothing will stand out unless you have a perfect palette to build on, try Hour Glass’ brand new foundation, Immaculate, is the perfect texture to create that Baby Doll matte finished look! Using a foundation brush, blend the foundation starting at the center of the face towards the outside of the face to create a natural yet flawless looking finish. Remember, very little foundation on the forehead.
6. Laura Mercier – Sheer Creme Eye Colour: Put your neon shadows in the drawer because pastels are the new must-have! It’s all about the soft pearly eye popping pastel colors! Try the Laura mercier new pastel pastes that glide on smoothly and last for hours.